Originally called the Colonial Theatre it was built in the 1930s. In 1941 it was listed as 'Closed' in that years' edition of Film Daily Yearbook. It reopened by 1942, but by 1950 it was no longer being listing.
In the 1980s it was re-opened as the Star Theatre. Today, it is known as the Savoy Theatre, named after the owner's favorite dog, whom she’d named after the Savoy Brown band. A friend of hers from Canada painted the mural which is on an exterior wall facing south. The wall holding the mural is not actually a wall of the theatre, but the sole surviving wall of a grocery store which once stood next to the theatre. The owner of the grocery had long ago feared that the theatre would burn someday due to the projector, and so erected the concrete wall to protect his store. Ironically, it was the grocery store which eventually burned down. There was a restaurant and gas station on the other side of the theatre. These are now replaced by a modern building.
It is a single screen movie theater that was also used occasionally for concerts. The interior of the theatre was destroyed by fire on ????. It currently sits empty available for sale.